If you’re planning a home renovation project, you’ve likely got a lot on your plate. From picking out new furniture to choosing the perfect paint color, there are countless decisions to be made. But one question that often comes up during a renovation is: when is the best time to paint? Whether you’re painting a single room or your entire home, the timing of your paint job can make a big difference in the success of your renovation project. In this article, we’ll explore the best times to paint during a renovation, so you can plan your project with confidence and achieve the best possible results.
When should you paint during a home remodeling project?
As general contractors commonly receive this inquiry from homeowners. It’s usually straightforward to decide when to paint during minor remodeling projects since there are only a few things to update, and painting is a quick task to complete.
However, timing becomes crucial for the best results in more extensive and complex remodeling projects. Painting too soon can put your freshly painted walls and trim at risk of damage as other trades may still work in the area and accidentally bump or scratch them.
Moreover, home renovations may require painting surfaces beyond just the walls, such as painting or staining doors, repainting interior trims, and even painting the ceiling, which further adds to the project’s intricacy and timing.
Usually, painting is among the final tasks on your to-do list, but the exact timing depends on the specific work required for the area being remodeled.
Here is the Best Time You Should Paint During a Home Renovation Project
- Once interior electrical and plumbing work is completed
- After removing old floors or carpets
- After finishing drywall and spackling
- After installing your new windows
- After installing the new trim
- After adding major finishes to your renovation project
- Before installing large pieces of furniture or equipment
- Before installing most of your flooring material (exceptions may apply)
It’s best to paint after finishing all significant structural and functional work, but before installing new flooring or carpet. This is because floors come last and are more prone to wear and tear from tools, dust, and contractors during the renovation. However, installing flooring can cause dents and scratches on walls and trim, so a final touch-up coat may be required. Painting before flooring also helps the painting company to efficiently finish the details near the floor.
When homeowners contact us for home painting services, we may suggest using a spray technique to achieve an even finish on your walls, new trim, and baseboards, depending on the project’s size. They may also use a back roll technique behind the spray to create a smooth eggshell finish. This technique is more effective during the early stages of the project when there is a blank canvas to work on.
Although we suggest painting near the end of your project, some renovation specialists advise it as the final task, which is also acceptable. A trustworthy painting company will always take extra precautions to safeguard your new area, particularly the new floors. You can inquire about the company’s approach to protecting your surfaces and home during painting. A reliable company will have a plan and response to your concerns.
It is Always The Best Choice To Trust Professionals
There are several reasons why it’s better to trust professional painters for painting a home during a renovation project:
- Expertise: Professional painters have the necessary training and experience to handle various painting projects, from small touch-ups to full-scale renovations. They can provide expert advice on color selection, paint types, and finishes, ensuring that your new space looks stunning.
- Quality of work: Professional painters use high-quality paint and materials and follow the best industry practices to ensure a flawless finish that lasts longer. They also have the right tools and equipment to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- Time and cost-saving: Painting is a time-consuming and labor-intensive task that requires careful preparation and attention to detail. By hiring professional painters, you can save time and money on buying equipment and materials and avoid costly mistakes that may arise from a lack of expertise.
- Safety: Painting can be hazardous, especially when working at heights or with toxic fumes. Professional painters are trained in safety protocols and use the right protective gear to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of your property and loved ones.
Our team of skilled painting experts at Coastal Eco Construction is available to assist you in adding the final touches to your home renovation project. We provide painting or repainting services for your walls, ceilings, and trim while ensuring your new finishes are safeguarded with utmost care. Contact us today to receive a complimentary quote for your interior painting needs.